fresh popcorn productions

observations and obsessions, in print and pictures. roadside ramblings, from the pavement to the pasture.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Double Happiness, One Week Later


One week ago to the hour, thousands of western Pennsylvanians witnessed and captured this sublime glowing occurence in the early evening sky. Magic Hour, Friday, March 31, 2006, dinner time. Neighbors I have never met, whose dogs keep me awake late into night and jolt me from rest early into day, rushed out into the streets of Golden Mountain, tiny digital cameras in hand. Even the P-G printed a shot of this promise in the sky. I snapped views in all directions. The blissful light and temperate air made me giddy, seeping into the just-switched-on steetlights, still puddles in our alley, slamming screendoors and ridges of cobblestone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home